Boffo Real Estate is bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) under the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988. We take these obligations seriously and have adopted internal policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is dealt with in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Why do we collect personal information?
Boffo Real Estate collects personal information to conduct business, provide and market services and to meet legal obligations.
In most cases, if personal information is not provided, we may not be able to supply the relevant product or services.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about clients, business associates, potential clients and other people who come into contact with the our business.
The nature of the information we may collect in order to provide professional services to you include, but is not limited to:
- Contact details
- Employment details
- Governmental identification details
- Financial information, which includes bank account details and information required for our business and finance management
- Information required to action inquiries
- Information to market, advertise and manage the sale, purchase, and/or leasing of properties;
- Complying with our legal obligations
- Advising you of additional services or information which may be of interest
- Providing your contact details to third party contractors who provide services to our business such as referral to conveyancers, finance brokers, in home stylists and trade service suppliers
- Promoting and advertising our business, products and services
- Complying with legal and financial obligations
How do we collect personal information?
Boffo Real Estate will generally collect personal information by way of forms filled out by people, face to face meetings, interviews, business cards, telephone conversations and from third parties. We may also collect personal information through our website and through applications and emails.
Personal information may be obtained by other people such as a third party through a report provided by a from a credit reporting agency, government agency or a statement from another person.
How we use and disclose your personal information?
Boffo Real Estate may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes, which are related to the primary purpose and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
In general, we use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- Conducting our business
- Providing and marketing our services
- Communicating with you
- Complying with our legal obligations
- Helping to manage and enhance our services
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone unless it is with your consent and those people will be bound by the same privacy standards.
Who else might see your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Other members of the Boffo Real Estate group.
- Other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf, such as specialist consultants and auctioneers.
- Courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities.
- Anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
How do we keep personal information accurate?
Boffo Real Estate endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to contact us in order to update any personal information that we hold about you.
Management of personal information
The National Privacy Principles require Boffo Real Estate to take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information. Our personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the information and only authorised persons are given access. We also take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When we have completed our services for you, we close the file and archive it. Information in these archived files is kept for a period of time as required by legislation.
Where we no longer require your personal information for a permitted purpose under the NPPs we take reasonable steps to destroy it.
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the Website.
Persistent Cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). When we use session cookies to track the total number of visitors to our Website, this is done on an anonymous aggregate basis (as cookies do not in themselves carry any personal data). We may also employ cookies so that we remember your computer when it is used to return to the Website to help customise your Boffo Real Estate web experience. We may associate personal information with a cookie file in those instances. Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser.
We do not use personal identifiers that have been assigned to you by another agency, eg your tax file number, as a means of identifying you as an individual. If you provide such information to us for a particular purpose, it will not be used for any other purpose but for that for which it was provided.
Transborder Data Flows
We may transfer personal information about you to someone who is in a foreign country only if:
- The recipient of the information is subject to laws that effectively uphold principles for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles.
- You consent to the transfer.
- The transfer is necessary in order to perform our services.
Access to Your Personal Information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may gain access to your personal information from our Privacy Officer.
We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access.
Boffo Real Estate 87 North East Road Collinswood SA 5081